You asked – and we listened!
Many of you told us you wanted a more spacious tanning bed that would allow you to spread out your arms, tan more evenly, and enjoy a relaxing tanning session.
So we brought you what I believe is the best in its class…
The Best of the Best...
Among our tanning beds, the Vitality Elite is the best of the best.
The Vitality Elite offers superb amenities that’ll make your tanning time pure joy. And it offers the most tanning area of any of our beds.
Besides the peace of mind you’ll get knowing that you’re enhancing your vitamin D production, you can make this time either productive or relaxing… just plug in your mp3 player to the adapter.
You can multitask or relax during your tanning session without having to use headphones or earbuds that can leave a tan line on your face or ears. And the sound system is at your feet, so it won’t blast straight into your ears.
And while the Vitality Elite has an internal cooling fan to protect the bed, it also has an additional fan to keep YOU cool!
What’s more, the Vitality Elite is long, wide, and spacious. It’s 83-inches long… so if you’ve ever wished for a more roomy bed where you could spread out and expose formerly concealed areas to the tanning lamps for more even tan, this is the bed you’ve been waiting for.
And you’ll love its sleek and modern tunnel design – complete with a high-gloss finish on the covers. A fit for nearly any décor.
Finally, it boasts an amazing 32 lamps – the most of any in my line of tanning beds. Bask in the glow of its 8 tanning lamps, 4 red light lamps, and 4 blue light lamps in the overhead canopy. The bench has 14 tanning lamps and 2 infrared lamps.
This unit also has a digital timer, which gives you precise digital programming with a modern digital display.
So if you want more elbowroom while you tan, Vitality Elite is your bed of choice. I’m confident you’ll enjoy its expansive feel.
But if the Vitality Elite is more luxurious than you want, you do have four other options...
The Rest of the Best… 4 Other Options
- Mercola Vitality Refresh 24. The Refresh 24 tanning bed has 24 lamps, as its name suggests. It has 10 tanning lamps and 2 tanning/infrared lamps in the bench and 8 tanning lamps, 2 tanning/red light lamps, and 2 blue light lamps in the canopy.
It gives you a quicker deeper tan, versus our 18-lamp beds (below), because of its additional 6 lamps. More on the benefits of these lamps later.
Besides the time savings of shorter sessions (you only need to spend 15 minutes tanning compared to 20 for the other tanning systems), you’ll be able to get more tanning sessions out of your lamps.
- Mercola Vitality 18-Lamp Refresh. This stylish bed comes with a total of 18 lamps. In the overhead canopy, you’ll find 6 tanning lamps and 4 tanning/red light combo lamps. Its bench has another 6 tanning lamps plus 2 tanning/infrared combo lamps.
- Mercola Vitality 18-Lamp D-Lite. If you want to skip the tan, but still get the beneficial UVB rays and red light, this unit is the perfect solution for you.
It contains 18 lamps that give you all the benefits of the sun and the added benefit of red light in the 633 nm range.
You won’t find a bed like this anywhere else – it is exclusive to Mercola.com.
- Mercola 30 Refresh Booth. This isn’t technically a bed, but rather is the ultimate in standup tanning. It has 2 visible red light lamps, 2 blue light lamps, plus 26 tanning lamps on its other two panels… for vitamin D production and all-over tanning.
You should ideally expose your body to beneficial ultraviolet rays every day. You can also benefit from other types of light. Here’s what the special lamps in my tanning systems can do for you.
Light Rays Can Support Your Health
It’s my strong belief that the best way to get your vitamin D is through direct and appropriate sunlight exposure to your skin. The problem is that it may be highly challenging to generate the vitamin D you need. Especially if you’re more “21st century” than you are “ancient hunter-gatherer.”
Your vitamin D levels may plummet more than 50% in the winter. And if you spend your summers mostly indoors, they may be low all year
Aside from obtaining vitamin D naturally through exposure to sunlight, there are only two other practical ways to obtain the vitamin D you need.
- You can supplement with vitamin D3.
If you go this route, make sure to test your vitamin D levels regularly to make sure you don't take too much of it. You and your physician need to be aware of your vitamin D levels, so you can adjust your supplementation accordingly.
- You can use a tanning system that utilizes UV-B rays as a way to help you produce vitamin D.
If you choose this option, be very careful about the type of tanning bed you choose and how long you tan. Choose one with electronic ballasts rather than magnetic ballasts. And, tan just until your skin turns the slightest pink. Any longer provides no benefit, and wastes your time.
But bear in mind… My recommendation is still to use natural sunlight to get all the light rays you need. Most of us are "modern day cavemen" and spend the vast majority of our time indoors.
Even if it's sunny outside and you're next to a window, you won't get the benefits of the sun, as most of it is filtered out through the windows of your home or car.
So make sure you get outside, preferably for an hour each day. There are many other benefits for being outdoors and sun exposure is only one of them.
However, I know this is just not practical for many people – and that could include you.
I'll tell you a bit more about light rays in a moment. But first, a word about...
"Other" Tanning System Risks
Of course, you could go to a commercial tanning parlor. But there are some issues with this choice.
Although your initial investment is far lower, there is the very real cost of wasted time and money driving to and from the facility, made all the worse by potential traffic snags… and stealing precious time away from home and family. Also:
- Many are concerned about poor hygiene due to improper disinfection at these facilities... and the risk for acquiring a skin infection from contaminated beds
- X-rays emitted by certain tanning salon lamps
What I Did to Solve These Problems...
In 2007, in response to popular demand, I began offering a safe and convenient home tanning and vitamin D-producing UV system.
Later, when I released the Sun Splash Renew system, which combined UV tanning and vitamin-D producing capabilities, plus visible red light in the 633 nm range, it was an instant hit.
Still, since then, I had numerous requests for a bigger and better system… one that would let you lie down and relax. And one that would allow for more even tanning and would let a taller or bigger person enjoy their sessions, without hanging off the edge.
Finally, I was able to get the manufacturers of the Renew System to create a line of tanning bed units – so you can comfortably relax while you tan.
Even better, I made sure my Mercola Vitality Home Tanning Beds contain the various types of valuable light rays you’ll read more about in a minute.
Health Support from 4 Kinds of Light Rays
Light is a very complex subject, about which there is still much to learn.
To keep it simple though, light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. On one end of the spectrum, we have UV or ultraviolet light at 280 to 400 nm (a nanometer is a millionth of a millimeter).
In the middle is the visible light spectrum at about 400 to 700 nm. It contains colors that range from violet to blue to green to yellow to orange, and to red. Red light is quite important, as you'll see in a moment.
On the right side of the spectrum, we have infrared light. These invisible rays of natural sunlight have a longer wavelength.
You've probably heard about ultraviolet light's benefits (reviewed below).
Infrared's Soothing Rays
You may have heard infrared referred to by its other name – radiant heat. Any heat felt from a distance gets to you via infrared rays.
It doesn't matter if it's heat from the sun, a stove, or a light bulb.
Infrared is inherently different from ultraviolet light. It's a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion. One reason it's different is it doesn't need to heat the air between the heat source and the object.
Without going into complicated physics, let’s just say that infrared can penetrate your skin more deeply (to a depth of 1.2 to 1.6 inches) than other parts of the light spectrum – and can stimulate your body cells.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes, just lying out in the sun's warmth makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over? Well...
Infrared Light Rays Can Bring
Temporary Relief of Pain and Stiffness
You can get some infrared energy from the sun itself.
But there are other ways, ranging from simple inexpensive hand-held gizmos and heating pads that produce a few infrared rays, to expensive "chi machines," infrared LED light devices, even infrared saunas.
I've tried a few of them myself. As you can probably imagine, the quality and effectiveness varies greatly.
Infrared may be great. But there's more. Infrared is only one of the 4 types of light with health-enhancing effects in our tanning systems.
Infrared Is Invisible Red Light...
So What Does Visible Red Light Do?
NASA first harnessed the power of red light. Red light from the 633 nm range penetrates your skin and supports all-round skin rejuvenation. It may help plump up fine lines by pulling collagen back to the surface of your skin.
Ultraviolet Light and Vitamin D
If you've spent any time on my site, you're probably aware of the importance of ultraviolet or UV light to your health.
The sun's UVB rays are crucial to help your body produce vitamin D.
UVA rays not only help you produce a tan, but also naturally protect your body from sunburn. They can actually help protect you from overdosing on vitamin D produced from too much UVB.
Blue Light Can Promote Even More Skin Benefits for You
There is another truly special type of light from the visible spectrum.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, blue light can actually help your skin health.
Best of all, blue light is totally safe and generates no additional heat or harmful radiation.
For Your Ultimate Convenience and Protection...
We wanted to insure you had the best for your daily "sun-time" enjoyment, and these are sure to simplify your life.
- Low maintenance... Lamps are rated for 1,000 hours, so little need to change them.
- Economical to operate… You’ll rarely need to buy replacement lamps, and the electronic ballasts use 40% less electricity than other tanning systems.
- High-quality indoor tan… the lamps’ exclusive mirror technology and reflective coating give you what I believe to be the best indoor tan possible.
- Eliminates concern over EMFs, because these units have electronic ballasts.
- Protection from over-exposure comes in the form of a manual 20-minute timer – and also a 21-minute back-up timer (15 minutes for Vitality Refresh 24).
- Fans (3 of them) keep your unit cool. And on the Vitality Elite there’s a fan for you too!
- Eye protection – FDA-approved eyewear included.
- Easy set-up. Requires no expensive and inconvenient electrical work, as it uses standard 110V outlets.
- Ensures an all-round even tan, because of superior design and shape.
- Made in the U.S.A. by the highest-quality manufacturer of home tanning systems we could find during an exhaustive search.
- Extreme affordability. Similar units – even without all these features and benefits – would cost upwards of $10,000.
- And a warranty too…
Of course, I wanted to make sure you received an excellent warranty to cover your investment.
The warranty on all Mercola Vitality Home Tanning Beds covers:
- 90 days on lamps/acrylics/plastics
- 1 year on electrical parts
- 5 years for structural issues
- Home use only
We actually use one of these beds for my staff – that's why I can recommend it to you
Multiple Mini-Vacations Every
Week Without Ever Leaving Home
A tanning bed in the comfort of your own home lets you take several “mini-vacations” every week, without having to use vacation time.
Whether the weather’s soggy or frigid, or you were too busy during the sunny hours… you can bask in your own in-home tanning bed.
It’s like having your own personal spa at home. And who wouldn’t enjoy that?
As you know, a healthy glow can help you look and feel fantastic.
Although you should avoid sunburn, your skin was designed to tan as a natural bodily function.
Just remember not to over-expose your skin – it should be just the slightest bit pink, not sunburned.
And sure, you can (and should) treat yourself to a vacation once in a while. But you probably can't be on vacation all the time, so this is the next best thing!
Plus, with your Mercola Vitality Home Tanning Bed, you'll enjoy:
- The benefits of UV rays that help produce your essential vitamin D.
- Red light in the 633 nm range
- Infrared light
- Blue light (in the Vitality Refresh and Vitality Elite beds)
- The convenience, privacy, and cleanliness of getting your tanning and UVB rays in the comfort of home.
- The latest technology in indoor tanning/UV systems – far superior to the often-outdated equipment found in tanning salons.
Simple Way to Get All the Vitamin D You Need...
On Your Own Terms, And Your Own Turf
(Now Includes FREE Shipping)
Get your beneficial rays in the best place of all – your home!
Just say the word… and we’ll get going on delivering your Mercola Vitality Home Tanning Bed today.
I'll cover ALL your shipping costs. You can have this high-quality unit shipped straight to your front door. These truly are some of the most affordable and full-featured home tanning beds on the market today.
Place your order for your Mercola Vitality Home Tanning Bed now, while we still have them in stock. You’ll be glad you did.